Got a printer that stops working frequently without having any specific problem? Printers, as we all know, play important role in daily operations that need text generation of text, documents, or images among other things. Printer being a machine tends to malfunction sometimes, then what to when printer keeps going offline especially once you need it the foremost. Below are the steps given which will assist you how to fix printer offline problem on your own.
Troubleshoot Printer Keeps going offline
1. Power off the Desktop and printer and unplug their cords from the electricity outlets.
2. Disconnect the printer from the PC.
3. Power on the desktop first, and wait until it’s fully rebooted.
4. Connect the printer back to the desktop and power it on.
5. Make sure that the printer lights are on.
6. Let the desktop detect the printer and hence resolve printer problems.
7. Power cycling resets the software and applications and hence fixes printer issue most of the days.
Fix Printer Offline Issues
1. If the error shows the printer is offline, then follow the major steps to fix printer problems
2. Right click on the printer’s icon.
3. select ‘Properties’ from the drop-down list,
4. Check if the printer is offline.
5. If it is, then put it to the web mode.
6. Update the printer drivers from the manufacturer’s website (viz. Canon, HP, Lexmark etc…).
7. Remove drivers, download the newest and compatible drivers (for whichever Windows version you have) from the manufacturer’s website.
8. Check Microsoft’s website for the list of compatible drivers.
If this fails, uninstall the printer software alongside its registry keys, reboot the desktop, and reinstall the printer software with the assistance of the CD that came with it. Make sure that while you are doing the un-installation, your printer should be powered off and disconnected from the desktop. But once you reinstall the software, the printer should be all on.
Check your anti-virus and firewall settings, if you latterly made changes to either then review your settings.
Run a self-hardware test from the manufacturer’s website to verify whether the hardware is functioning well or not. Check your manufacturer’s website for detailed help.
If nothing seems to figure, then don’t wrestle up with the matter by yourself, ask our technician to save lots of both money and time.
Additional Tips how to printer change offline to online status
1. Make sure the pc and printer are powered on with all the lights on.
2. Make sure that the printer isn’t out of paper.
3. Verify that the ink/toner cartridge isn’t empty.
4. Keep your printer clean always; use a dry cloth to wash the dirt, dust inside.
5. Check if you latterly modified your wireless settings.
6. If there’s a hardware problem, then contact your vendor or manufacturer for a replacement (if it’s in guarantee or warranty period) or support.